Catch Up On Recent Posts

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall in the living room

We are almost at the end of autumn and it went by so fast! With all the rain and wind, the trees lost their leaves so quickly and we hardly had to rake our yard. So not too many leaf piles this year. I miss the glorious colors of the season:


A Fall Vignette in my Living Room:
 From another angle:
My Pumpkin Patch:
On the Coffee Table:
 Pumpkin patch inside the galvanized tray for seeds and tools:

Close-Up on the Black Lace Table Runner:
 Painted the terracotta pots in silver:
 Black chiffon ribbon finishes it off beautifully to hold the pine cones: 

 Love these mercury glass silver votives:
The silver and black mask make a nice accent in the vignette:

A white Clay vase displays the colors of autumn so prettily:

Thank you,for visiting me and for your loving comments. And my thanks to Bunny Jean for featuring my Autumn Entertaining at her Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party. Bunny, you made my day! 
Do stop by and visit her if you get a chance and the other wonderful ladies below and be inspired.


 Also, I am taking some time off from blogging to visit my Mom for four weeks and spend some time with her. I look forward to visiting all you lovely ladies and your creative ideas once I get back!







~Poppy~

11 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful, I especially love the vase your arrangement makes it pop. I found you on Debbiedoos Blogging...I'm your newest follower. http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave your living room a beautiful dash of color. I like all your unique touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the fall arrangement on your table

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Poppy, How lucky not to have so many leaves to rake. I have already raked my yard at least a half a dozen times and have been up to my eyeballs in yardwork for the last several months!

    Your home looks so wonderfully dressed for Fall! It looks very warm and inviting as well as sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coffee table vignette is just fabulous. Love the lace on the runner and your seed tray is fabulous. What a great idea. So fun with the pumpkins, pinecones and the branches. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and so much elegant with the colour scheme.

    TY for sharing...

    ♥♥♥ from chilly Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the seed tray! It's all so pretty! Have fun visiting your Mom. Hope your Sunday is grand! Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Poppy for joining the Bunny Hop again this week. Sorry I was so late to view your post but I too have been away for a bit.

    I hope you enjoy your visit and I'll see you soon!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little pumpkin patch on your coffee table is a nice touch of Autumn. I would be happy to have all the leaves blow far far away!

    Thanks for coming to the party!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pop of orange against the neutral colors. Just discovered your blog and I love it. I'm a new follower. Hope you stop by and check out my blog.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Poppy those are so cute. I love the dash of color...you always come up with the cutest ideas and make them so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy