Catch Up On Recent Posts

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Front-yard Landscaping and Wins

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. The weather has been beautiful in this neck of the woods for the last few days with very pleasant evenings. Summer is almost over for us and I can almost smell the crisp autumn air. On that note, today I would like to share with you my front-yard landscaping and all my summer container gardening before they all wither away!

But, first I would like to thank  Chie @ CHUBBY AND CHIEQUE and Marty, hostess of Table Top Tuesday @ A STROLL THRU LIFE  for my recent win of the Summer Cloche Party giveaway. Chie sent me this cute silver toothpick holder all the way from Sweden! This is my first win and I'm so excited. Thank you Marty and Chie! I'm looking forward to using it in future tablescapes.

Also, I would like to thank sweet Mary @ Boogieboard Cottage 
for featuring my Gifts from the Garden at her Masterpiece Monday party.Mary has a beautiful blog where she shares with you her love of the ocean and beach! Thank you so much, Mary!
Click HERE to view my Gifts from the Garden post.


Thank you, ladies! Your generosity humbles me! Please, do stop by if you get a chance and visit their wonderful blogs and walk away with so much inspirations!

I love container gardening! Using various plant-stands, potteries and other creative containers for the summer annuals and watching them grow throughout the summer is so rewarding!
I like using glazed pottery to plant pink and white summer annuals:
 I saw this blue pot at Michael's and fell in love with it instantly!

 Using a plant-stand is a wonderful way to display gorgeous summer blooms:

These plant-stands on either side of my front door make a charming and pretty display:



 I love the color blue and the cobalt blue of the front door compliments so beautifully with the shades of pink of the impatiens.

 
Dappled Willow or Variegated Japanese Willow makes a beautiful landscaping tree:
 In the afternoon sun:
  At dusk:
Close-up on the stamped concrete of our front patio:
 All lit-up in the evening:
 Pathway leading to the backyard:

27 comments:

  1. Love that blue pot filled with contrasting flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all gorgeous. And so pristine! Enjoyed the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy your gardens and decking are gorgeous. Love your stamped concrete. Of course I would because we have the same thing now. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cozy home and garden. Love the flowers all thriving and colorful. The blue pot and flowers remind me Greece. On the islands there're lots of that shape and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, you yard is lovely. I was thinking it reminded me of Debbiedoos stamped concrete. Beautiful!!! I'm with Debbie's Newbie Party, too and will be your newest follower in a seond. Hope you follow me, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is so pretty and all of your landscaping and plants are beautiful. Love all the pots and the plant stands. The lighting adds such a beautiful element to your landscape. Gorgeous. I am so glad you got your toothpick holder. I am thrilled you won. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your landscaping and flowers are just beautiful, Poppy. I really enjoyed the tour!! Isn't it a good feeling to have it done...makes me want to be outdoors all the time! Your patio looks like the perfect spot to relax!!

    Congratulations on your wins! I'm visiting from TTT. You have a lovely blog!!

    XO,
    Janie

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Poppy. Your front yard is so pretty and well manicured. I love a well manicured yard! I really like your metal planters. You must have a really green thumb because all of your plants look so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    You have a Beautiful Home !!! I love your patio, and your landscaping with your lovely flowers... I have the same lights in my garden as you. I would like to thank you so much for your comments on my new Tablescape with my new Rooster. I hope you have a great week. and keep cool sweet lady. XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing these pops of colour all around your garden. I am so ready to start my summer planting over here.

    Best wishes and happy gardening,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers are so pretty! And I love the tree.

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it looks so beautiful! I especially love all the stone work...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, how beautiful your outside is. The flowers and containers are so lovely! Your home is so pretty. Thanks for popping in to see me!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Poppy, your house from the outside looks so beautiful! You can see all the time, care and eye for details that you have. Everything looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful photo's! You're very lucky to have such beauty! I would love for you to link up to It’s a Party on Thursday (actually, it starts tonight)!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The stamped concrete looks like stone. The blue pot is lovely and echoes the color of the door very well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poppy, your garden is lovely.. I love the colors and the lights.. i so don't have a green thumb.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE that your blue pots match your front door. Thank you for linking up to Open House Party. I really appreciate it and hope you come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your house looks amazing. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundayss. Sorry to be so late to be visiting.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poppy, your garden is lovely! It has a romantic look. I love the vivid fuchsia color of the flowers. The lights are so romantic as well. :-D Thanks for dropping by my blog a lot. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an absolutely lovely patio and those blue pots are the perfect "dash of color"! :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your landscaping is beautiful! I love the blue pot with the bright pink flowers. It all looks lovely! Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sweetie,
    Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I am so glad that you did so it lead me back to you.
    Lovely patio. I love patios as opposed to decks. I have got one of each.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Poppy, Your terrace and flowers are so beautiful. The nightscape is lovely as well. So restful and peacefully looking in the evening.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Blog!!Beautiful flowers.Nice theme.
    Keep posting...

    ReplyDelete
  26. absolutely beautiful! I love every square inch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really liked..walls, flowers and garden. Everything is so beautiful. I also trying to show some landscape design because i love landscaping.. keep sharing this kind of post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy