Catch Up On Recent Posts

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring Fever

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout

It has been an absolutely glorious week with plenty of sunshine, green grass, and birds singing, perfect spring weather that I think is here to stay a while. I'm spending lots of time outdoors and enjoying every minute of it. But with spring comes the task of mowing the lawn and we have a big yard, so that takes awhile. Hopefully, the hubs will take care of that before the weekend is over. That leaves me to do what I love doing most: Gardening.
And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley,"The Sensitive Plant"


I enjoy every season, but spring is so special. It feels wonderful to see signs of rebirth everywhere and flowers blooming. Spring to me is taking long walks, hiking, and camping with my family. I love entertaining outdoors with friends and family and watching my vegetable garden grow and reward us with its bounty in autumn. 
Spring Song by Robert Louis Stevenson
The air was full of sun and birds,
The fresh air sparkled clearly.
Remembrance wakened in my heart
And I knew I loved her dearly.

The fallows and the leafless trees
And all my spirit tingled.
My earliest thought of love, and Spring's
First puff of perfume mingled

Spring to me is hope that summer is soon to follow:
I love spring flowering bulbs! It is so rewarding to watch them stay dormant the entire winter and dazzle us with their beauty come spring. The pink hyacinth is one of my favorite spring bulbs:
The heavenly fragrance of the hyacinth will leave you enchanted. Next to roses and peonies, hyacinth is one of my favorite flowers. A few of these beauties on the window seat of my dining room entices me with its perfume every time I pass:
The morning sunshine bathes the dining room with wonderful light:
The tag was made from digital images found HERE
I simply cut out the images and glued it to a piece of cardboard (the back of a letter pad) using a glue-stick... easy peasy! I just love how the tag turned out and it was so simple and Frenchy. But I've no idea what it says though, something to do with photography I think.
This little crown candle votive was found at Michael's Craft store. Isn't it adorable?
I added a butterfly charm to it to dress it up a little:
Clay pots  casually wrapped in vintage Paris postcard image have a simple elegance:
I tied a jute twine around it to keep the paper from falling off:
 I'm loving this image of the Eiffel tower found HERE
Vintage Ephemera has some beautiful images and I'm loving it:
Brown kraft paper wrapped book make a nice riser for this vignette:

 Top-view:

Click HERE to view more books wrapped in brown kraft paper.
I like using this chicken wire basket found at Home Goods for seasonal flowers:


The same basket filled with autumn splendor. Click HERE to view the Autumn post.
The texture of the wire and the delicate beauty of the flowers look beautiful together and I love it:

Flowers make beautiful accents outdoors:
as well as indoors:


Thanks for stopping by and sharing with me my love for the spring hyacinths. I hope you enjoyed your stay here. Come back and visit me soon. I love reading each and every one of your sweet comments. Have a great weekend!


Thanks ladies for hosting such wonderful parties!
Linking to:


Cottage Garden Party - button (3)



47 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the entire vignette. The planter is really neat and wrapping the book is a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poppy,
    I love spring too. Your hyacinths are so pretty.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Poppy...

    Ohhh...your pink hycinth are sooo pretty, my friend! I loved each and every beautiful vignette that you created with them! Love your wired basket! I think my favorite vignette and favorite photo...is the first photo on your post! Using the pretty Eiffel paper and tying it with twine is beautiful! Such a lovely vignette! Girl, you did GOOD!!! Thanks for sharing your spring pretties with us today...it was a real treat!!!

    I just read your sweet note and came right over! Thanks so much for coming by! I sooo enjoyed your visit, my friend!

    Have a super sweet Sunday!
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Hyacinths are beautiful in the pots and the way you put them together in your chicken wore basket so sweet.Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Earth Day Tablescape. Hope you and your family have a wonderful week coming up.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Poppy, oh how I enjoyed this post. I love Spring and would spend every waking hour outdoors if possible. I love the smell of Hyacinths. Mine in my garden are coming to an end. Your pots are so fun and creative. Also love the tag. I have a new linky party, Share Your Cup Thursday. I would love if you would share this!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is my favorite season of the year and I love spending time outdoors in my garden. Your pink hyacinth are gorgeous. What a lovely vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Poppy,
    Spring has certainly spurng in your garden. Your pictures are just lovely...I can see Spring in every one of them. Love the tag and the idea of wrapping the flower pot. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful new week.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful blog you have! and I love every photo in this post - how gorgeous!!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Spring images and post, Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Poppy,
    Your images of the hyacinths are gorgeous! What a clever idea to wrap the planter with a vintage postcard! Right now our jasmine is blooming and the smell is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful, and beautiful! Your vignette is absolutelly lovely! Your hyacinths rae so pretty and also the planter my friend. Thank you for your lovely and kind visit. Have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty it all is...love what you did with the flower pot. I think the smell of hyacinth is heavenly and certainly an early sign of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I so LOVE SPRING!!! Your hyacinths are soooo PRETTY!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Spring Vignettes! I love that wire basket! Everything looks so pretty. Visiting from TTT. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Poppy,
    I love your vignette. Imagine I have exactly wire basket.

    VERY FAB...

    Happy TTT,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. The paper wrapped flower pots is such a great idea, and those baskets make everything seem uber cool. Just got one similar at Hobby Lobby and am using it for shells at the moment. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful Spring post and I love the Blue onion plate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like Spring to me. Always a wonderful time of year with new growth. your flowers are beautiful and I do love your vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love how great your pink hyacinths look in that wire basket with that french script tag. Such a pretty picture! I agree with you about Spring. I feels so fresh and warm after an ugly cold Winter. What would we do without all our wonderful seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poppy, your hyacinths are beautiful! I love them outside and inside. They look so cute in the wire basket and with the graphic around the pot! So cute!!

    Happy Gardening!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very beautiful post. I love all your crafts and vignettes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful flowers and gorgeous pictures! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Poppy, What a beautiful post! Your vignette bathed in morning sunlight is such a visual story!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your ideas for planters--looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Poppy just hopping back to say that I am featuring your Frenchy pots on my blog today.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great vignette - lovely components.

    Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Be sure to visit my most recent post to learn of my GIVEAWAY.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your frenchy pot. But I think I love the pots in thevwire basket best. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH MY GOSH! I'm going to wrap everything in sight in a vintage French postcard now! I LOVE it! Thank you tons for the inspiration and for sharing the graphic link.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are all so pretty - especially the one wrapped in the Eiffel Tower postcard.How creative!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Every vignette is lovely. I like each and every combination...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything looks so pretty. I love all the little details you added. You have made some very nice arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful post. I am having a heck of a time downloading the tag images from flikr. Any suggestions? I loved your entire post. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  34. P.S. I forgot to thank you for the link to Vintage Ephemera. Wonderful site.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that paper wrapping the pot with the Eiffel Tower! Darling idea!
    I host a garden party that starts up again next Thursday (May 3rd) would love to see you link up sometime? xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely hyacints and arrangement. Well done! Thank you for linking it up at the party at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

    See you again next week, if not before that, we hope...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a beautiful spring! I love seeing all of your treasures. Your basket is so pretty. I love the quote at the top of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I found you on Bunny Jean's

    I absolutly love the white crown you said you got at Michael's I am running out there on my lunch break to see if they still have some

    All my hyacinth have stopped blooming, you pictures are beautiful . Oh and I love that little french tag hanging on the wire basket

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  39. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful flowers. I love the wire basket with the french tag.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  40. Poppy, Your photos are beautiful and I love the vignettes. Thank you for linking to the OHP.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  41. since moving down to Florida I can not grow such beauty's as your hyacinth ..
    But I do go into Whole Foods and smell
    theirs...lol
    Beautiful photos
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  42. So glad you linked up to the garden party! So many friends will enjoy seeing your paris pots! Will i see you again next week? xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Magnifique décor !
    I love it so...
    Bon weekend, bises.

    ReplyDelete
  44. So pretty. I love pink hyacinths. And they have such a wonderful aroma..heavenly..
    Enjoy the weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Poppy! Thanks so much for joining in for Fresh-Cut Friday! :) This was a beautiful post. I'm off to check out those gorgeous images that you shared. Your Hycinth are gorgeous! :)
    Thanks again and have a lovely weekend!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have regained the good weather but in two days I had bad weather but SNOW! Terrible! My hyacinther has not yet been started to bloom. Nice to see hyacinth in you. Sweet planting of you in the silver ball. I wish you a nice sunday! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy