Catch Up On Recent Posts

Saturday, April 12, 2014

French Breakfast


Hello, everyone!
It's a beautiful weekend here in the northeast, how about you? Spring is finally smiling upon us, and it does feel good :)
So today, I thought I would share a simple country French breakfast with you!
It has been set up in a little alcove in my dining room.

Fresh orange juice served in crystal stemware is a lovely way to say good morning!

Bean sprouts in white egg-cups

Growing healthy bean spouts at home is pretty simple!

Soak quarter cup of mung beans from the grocery store in a shallow dish (3-4 days). Change the water daily and keep the dish away from direct sunlight. After a couple of days, you will notice tiny white tails sprouting from the mung beans.

When the little white tails are visible, simply drain all the water and transfer the mung beans to any dish of your choice. I transferred the mung beans with the little spouts into egg cups. 

Sprinkle with water everyday, but make sure there is not too much water sitting at the bottom of the dish. Keep the egg cups in a room with lots of light, but not direct sunlight. Within a few days the sprouts will grow more and more, and you will notice the green leaves. I love adding crunchy bean sprouts to soups, salads and sandwiches!

A blue rooster makes a pretty butter dish. I like the basket weave design on it.

Strawberry jam served in a small canning jar


A plate of flaky croissant and blackberries


I like collecting different spreaders. This particular jam spreader reminds me of of a wine cork.


Although spring has finally graced us with sunshine and chirping birds, spring blooms have yet to make an appearance. The silver teapot is therefore filled with silk daffodils and daisies. A beautiful way to start your day with a splash of color!


Deliciously fresh orange juice served from a bottle is a classic morning beverage that energizes you for the day!

I wrapped some yellow baker's twine around the neck of the bottle and hung a Frenchy chalkboard tag 

I hope you enjoyed sharing breakfast with me today!
Thanks for stopping by! I enjoyed having you over :)

My heartfelt thanks to the gracious hostesses for showcasing my Spring Tea Vignette at their weekly parties!  I love joining their parties with chock-full of inspiring projects, home decor ideas, yummy recipes and lovely crafts!
Thank You, ladies!
~Hugs,Poppy~

Enjoy your weekend!

Linking with:


28 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful breakfast! Orange juice does taste better in the fancy glasses. The jam in the canning jar looks so yummy, as do the croissants! Your French vignette is so pretty - Merci for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How divine does this breakfast look! I just love those sprouts! Such a beautiful setting! A lovely weekend to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I would love to have this greet me in the morning. Great pics too. Please come share at the Anything Goes linky, if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppy, enjoyed your French breakfast. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful! I love your beautiful table for a French Breakfast. The blue hen is the great choice for a pop of color and the champagne goblets are perfect for serving orange. Have a great Easter!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! I need a spreader, been looking just have not found one that "speaks" to me! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely Breakfast with me. I hope you also have a wonderful week with your family.
    God Bless.
    xxoo

    ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming breakfast!

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks divine! I love the beans sprouts too. So cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful table...looks both lovely and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Poppy, my pretty!

    But we have a charming breakfast so this beautiful table!

    Brotinhos the beautiful, the color you chose ... all exquisite!

    Kisses, have a lovely week,

    Ligia e = ^. ^ =

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Poppy,

    I love everything.

    So beautiful table for a French breakfast.

    Hugs
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete

  13. Just so beautiful, as always!Love your table for a French breakfast.Have a great Easter! Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would be sweet to wake up to! It looks so inviting and fresh. Happy Easter! Blessings ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely way to start the day. I like that you are sprouting in the egg cups, so cute and tasty. Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post...so much here...and your little spreader is one I would love to own. Have a Happy Easter and thanks for sharing on the Thursday blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy to look and now I think I need to go get some blackberries and OJ! Using the chicken in a basket as a butter dish is a great idea - slapping my forehead here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dropping by from Katherine's Corner during the blog hop. Lovely photos, perfect for Spring.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, la, la - very pretty. Thank you for sharing it at Fluster's #CreativeMuster Party, I hope that you'll be sharing with us again.
    Hugs, Smiles and Blessings.
    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  20. É Páscoa! Cristo está vivo, o túmulo está vazio, Ele ressuscitou!!! A mais bela festa dos Cristãos.
    Crentes no Amor de Deus Pai que nos deu seu Filho Jesus Cristo que permanece conosco pela força do
    Espírito Santos, seguimos nossa caminhada na construção de um mundo mais justo, fraterno, humano,
    harmonioso e de doação.
    Todos somos promotores da Paz!
    Feliz, Santa e Abençoada Páscoa.
    Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Poppy, such a wonderful vignette. I think my egg cups look like yours. Great idea with the spouts. French breakfast is always welcome. Happy Easter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Poppy, what a lovely breakfast! The blue chicken is gorgeous and I love the bean sprouts in the egg cups! Perfect way to add some beauty before using them. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks wonderful - the blue hen is sweet and the croissants look delicious - perfect! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your blue rooster and your table looks beautiful have a great day visiting from flaunt it friday

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poppy I love your blue hen! Thanks for sharing!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. That looks like a yummy breakfast! Your table setting display adds so much charm to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not only does your breakfast look very tasty, the presentation is beautiful! Love the idea of growing your own bean sprouts.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, such brilliant and gorgeous colors....love it and that depression glass chicken reminds me of all the wonderful ones my Grammy had. Thanks for the reminder
    I loved hat you took time to link up with us at the Table It Link Party and hope to see you again if you can on Monday at 7 am...Happy Memorial Day if not and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy