Catch Up On Recent Posts

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Merry Merry Month of May!

"Sweet May hath come to love us, flowers, trees, their blossoms don; And through the blue heavens above us The very clouds move on.” 
~Heinrich Heine 


The weather has been so unpredictable in this neck of the woods! Spring came too early for us and winter was very mild, considering we are so used to getting multiple snow storms. We were enjoying wonderful spring weather lately and suddenly last week it started snowing and the weather turned for the worse, with cloudy overcast skies. However, this entire week has been just beautiful with temperature in the 80's, plenty of sunshine, blue skies, and lush greenery all around:) 
“Among the changing months, May stands confest The sweetest, and in fairest colors dressed.” 
~James Thomson  
If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere. ~Vincent Van Gogh:
I was pruning the lower branches of our apple trees, the other day and these Red Admiral butterflies were fluttering around everywhere. They seem to like these fragrant apple blossoms as much as I do. I love the colors on this one and how pretty it looks against the leafy greens:
Click the link HERE to identify butterflies species in your yard.
To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment:
~Jane Austen
" Creation Songs"~  Muriel Strode
I know the thrill of the grasses when the rain pours over them
I know the trembling of the leaves when the winds sweep through them
I know what the white clover felt as it held a drop of dew pressed close in its beauteousness
I know the quivering of the fragrant petals at the touch of the pollen-legged bees


I know what the stream said to the dipping willows, and what the moon said to the sweet lavender
Mason jar filled with apple blossoms


I know what the stars said when they came stealthily down and crept fondly into the tops of the trees


 I'm loving this vintage postcard scene of the Eiffel tower. Click HERE for the image and HERE to view the same image used to wrap clay pots.
I like how this little pillow turned out :
I used white linen for the pillow:
I like the image-transfer sheets (I used the one for lighter fabrics) for ink-jet printers, so easy to use:
 I added a tag to the mason jar with an image of a butterfly found HERE:


The burlap square was added to the back of the tag as an extra layering. I love layering tags for different texture:


This oval wire basket is a recent find from my favorite Home Goods and I'm loving it!
I hope you enjoyed visiting my backyard and I enjoyed the pleasure of your company. I love the apple trees in my yard and look forward to their beautiful white fragrant blossoms every year. Click HERE to view my apple blossom tea party from last year:


My thanks to Mary @Boogieboard Cottage and Terri @A Creative Princess for featuring my love of creating  gemstone jewelry HERE and HERE
and to Bunny Jean @ Bunny Jeans Decor and more for my Frenchy pot feature HERE
Thank you ladies, you made my week absolutely wonderful and made me smile:)


Have a nice weekend, everyone!


Linking to:





47 comments:

  1. Such lovely images. I wish I could just sit and take up the surrounding beauty. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. A great postal pillow, a beautiful rose in pink and all the gatherings of sweet tea on a summer day. love it. Joining your blog. Come and see me I am new would love your visit.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Pictures! I would LOVE to be there! The pillow is wonderful and thank you for sharing the image!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images. Your vignette is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, this is absolutely gorgeous. Your table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely gorgeous tribute to May. Your images are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty vignette! I love your pillow and tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your french pillow. The apple blossoms are so pretty. Your butterfly tag is beautiful as is your vignette.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your pretty vignette. I have yet to be brave enough to run fabric through my printer but your pillow is certainly an inspiration. I just love your pretty surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous photos...just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post and I love the vignette. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post and what awesome photos! Everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just found your blog and I am your newest follower!! Love all the pictures!! What lovely apple tree, with an inviting chair!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Poppy, these pictures just make me smile! Thanks for posting them. What a table! Wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog. I left you a reply there. Hope you'll come again, I'm planning to do the monkey's fist demo, hopefully toward the end of the week!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pillow and the vignette you created with it! I also love your table and chairs set out under your beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh isn't it fun to see all the new signs of spring and the butterflys. Beautiful pics. Great vignette with the pillow and basket. Very creative. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post Poppy. Love the pillow. Glad I could make you smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pillow and photos are just lovely!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely post! That pillow is just adorable! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration! I loved the quotes as well, in fact I just used that Jane Austen quote in a project of my own! I posted about it today! We must be kindred spirits!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is simply beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing at NTT...it's always nice to see ya here:) Lovin' the pillow.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Popping over from Ivy and Elephants! would love to have you link up to Fishtail Cottage's garden party (thursdays) ~ hope to see you! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Poppy,
    I love the postcard pillow! I wish I had an apple tree - I love their blossoms! I do have crabapple! Your tribute to May underneath the tree is gorgeous - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday!
    I hope you have a blessed day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful vignette. Love the pillow, and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What Beautiful Fresh Spring Images you have captured and Shared! So Inviting and your Photography is outstanding!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this beautiful post. I can see you worked hard on it...and I appreciate it.:)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  27. What beautiful pictures you posted! I love that apple tree too! The blossoms look pretty grouped in containers in your chair. You're very creative to make those cute tags and pillow too. I can't beleive the strange weather you just had either. We've been having hot temps (almost like summer) and now suddenly we're having cooler temps where you almost need a jacket. Crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  28. love all of your gorgeous photo's - unbelievable you have butterflies already!!! thanks for sharing over here at Fishtail Cottage's garden party this week...xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Poppy! Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful photos, text and the image for the Eiffel Tower. I need it this very upcoming week! I saw your post over at "The Charm of Home" .

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a pretty post!

    I love your outdoor spaces!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing such lovely photos. The pillow is so pretty.
    Happy Mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your post...every single part of it. Beautiful!,

    ReplyDelete
  33. We are having some strange temperature swings here as well, but that is typical of Spring in Colorado! We had highs of 89 then snow the next day! Apple blossoms are amazing! I just adore the pretty arrangements of flowers and handmade pillow, and basket. I will definitely look at the links. I would love to make a pillow like this one you made! Thanks, and have a blessed Mothers day!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  34. dearest poppy,

    what an utterly beautiful and refreshing post. and thank you so much for kindly sharing the how-to's along with your lovely, blossoming, butter-fluttery backyard. you have a sweet spirit. you've made me pool up and smile at the same time.

    maytime blessings,
    ann...who is visiting via feathered nest friday

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet post! I couldn't take my eyes off your gorgeous Paris Pillow!

    I have a link party

    going on now, and would love for you to link-up :)

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  36. Poppy, I think Van gosh said it exactly right. I love nature and see it everywhere! Love your beautiful pillow, blossoms and surroundings! Thanks for sharing this with Share Your Cup!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful and inviting back yard you have Poppy. And your Spring vinette is lovely. May is such a beautiful month, filled with beauty and inspiration. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this post. Great styling and thanks for the tips on all your printable crafts. You're featured this week on Share the Love Wednesday. Stop by and pick up a feature button. Hope you'll be back often!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Poppy, I know that I have featured you before, but I just had to again. lol! Love your beautiful pillow and sweet garden!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi lovely lady.
    Just Beautiful love all your post.
    .I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day with your family this past Sunday. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Nautical Tablescape.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your backyard is just so lovely! So many pretty blossoms and blooms and just adore your pillow and chair vignette ...

    It's almost like I can smell those apple blossoms and see those butterflies fluttering around ...

    ... so happy you shared at our Great Outdoors link party!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a wonderfully peaceful spot. I love the little burlap butterfly tag. So great!! Thank you so much for sharing at our party!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm sighing! Poppy, you are practically perfect in every way!! Your backyard is beautiful! And, your styling is superb. Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy