Catch Up On Recent Posts

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Cloches

Spring is nature's way of saying,
"Let's party!"~ Robin Williams
Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait to get back in the garden! It is a beautiful, sunny day today! A perfect day to join the fun at Marty's Spring Cloche party.
 I'm so excited and looking forward to all the beautifully decorated cloches created by amazingly talented ladies.
A corner of our dining room has this alcove which serves as a beverage-bar center when we have company.
A blank canvas:
Up goes the "Rooster" picture found at Jo-Ann:
I don't like making holes in the walls, so Command strips to the rescue! They really make hanging pictures so easy! 
I just love this "Rooster" picture on French script:
The hand stamped rooster tag coordinates wonderfully with the picture on the wall.
The black and white check ribbon and the key along with the rooster tag nicely decorates the top of my wire cloche:
I love boxwoods! Here a pot of boxwood tied up with raffia sits inside the cloche:
A chalkboard sign and an olive boat with olives along with the wire cloche sit on one end of my bar top:
The other end of the bar top:
I love decorating with cloches! Everything looks so good under a cloche:
Even a jar of lemons:
Originally invented by the French to protect tender seedlings from frost, today cloches have gained popularity in interior design as a decorative element for displaying collections or as an accent: 

I added a few sprigs of rosemary and a chalkboard sign to the top of this glass cloche, to dress it up:
Olive oil infused with rosemary:


Love these cute olive plates:

I love country French decor. This travertine bar top started out as this:


This is how it looks now:


The warm, vibrant, and inviting colors of country French appeals to me and makes everything look so summery:



I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your stay here today. Thanks for your endearing thoughts! Have a great weekend and my thanks to the gracious hostesses below for hosting the most wonderful parties:



~POPPY~




32 comments:

  1. Fun vignette for your niche. Happy Spring! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks lovely. I like both of your cloches, but especially the wire one. I keep looking for one of those.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love cloche's. Wish they weren't so darned expensive! Your Spring decor looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your cloches.
    We are soooo ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty vignettes and how you use your the cloches, I love the wire cloche. Lovely spring table. I'm visiting from MM.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to welcome Spring. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attactive vignette. I love cloches too! Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty vignette!! Love your rooster picture. 30 + years ago when I would call my Dad to come and spackle the dry wall because I decided to move pictures around, he taught me to do it myself and after 30 + years, I can spackle like a pro!!
    Thanks so much for your visit to Debbie-Dabble and kind comment!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so warm and lovely. Love the touch you added with the rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Poppy, I love, love, love it. How pretty. The niche is such a great feature. Love the wine table and both of your cloches are fabulous. The fruit is so pretty under your cloche and the chicken wire one is so fun. Beautiful display with the olives, infused oil and all of your accessories. Great job. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Poppy! Oh, I love your special niche! What a wonderful Rooster painting too! Love all of your cloches and your display. I have a wire cloche just like yours and I spray painted it cream! I just love it.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely vignette you have created there. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful evening, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty display! I especially love your wire cloche with the chalkboard tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Poppy, I use those command hooks for everything too! What did people do without them?? Your blue wire cloche is delightful and I must find myself a tiny chalkboard too! Thanks for the inspiration. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh what a fabulous vignette in that cute little alcove!
    Great job on pulling all together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your whole display is beautiful! I love the bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your cloche, Poppy! Such a great base! I always have a problem finding one or the other ~ I either find a great cloche but have no base or a great base but no cloche. I think I'm just going to have to start looking for a set! I love greenery under a cloche. It's so simple, but it does look so pretty and special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your vignette it is very ooh la la (I am cloche challenged) I have plenty of ideas and can not find where to purchase these I have tried antique stores, thrift stores, flea markets can you make any suggestions-feeling pretty frustrated redtrucktravels@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The alcove is so cool! Great spot to change out displays as seasons (and moods) change!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Poppy, love your cloches! I too partied with Marty. I have a passion for cloches! All of the extra adornments are so sweet! I especially love your wire one. I have a couple and really enjoy them. Your little nook or alcove turned out so nicely!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I love your cloches, specially the wire one, I hope I can find one like it around here. Your niche's vignette is so pretty! I am at Marty's too. Hope you come and visit, I love your blog.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your niche/vignette is lovely--cloches are so versatile for decorating--love what you've done with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Poppy!

    You little alcove must be fun to decorate with different vignettes. I like the color too.

    I wanted to use cloches in my garden way back in the early 80's but they were so hard to find... only in the garden supply catalogs. AND they were SO expensive for something that I just knew would get broken outside with two young boys running around!

    Thanks for joining my party this week!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh you have everything decorated so beautifully and you have given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cloches are so cute and the niche vignette is adorable! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! Your participation is always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Poppy, what wonderful Spring cloches!! Your vignettes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Poppy,
    I love cloches and your wire one is especially unique! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous Spring vignette with us!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy