Catch Up On Recent Posts

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Beachy Tablescape!

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and staying cool. With the record heat and no sign of rain, I can't spend too much time outdoors. Our green lawn now has patches of yellow everywhere! I'm trying my best to water my annuals and  planters and keep them looking healthy. So far they are doing okay. I hope it rains soon!

I have been playing around with my burlap remnants and decided to make a table runner for my family room coffee table and put together a beachy vignette. 

But, first I would like to thank Karen for featuring my Decoupaged Planter. Click HERE to view.
 Thanks to Mary and Sherry for featuring my Summer Vignette. Click HERE to View.

And last but not the least, I would like to say thank you to Maya for my Love for blue bottles and seashells. Click HERE to view.

My sincere thanks to these lovely ladies and I'm so grateful. You made my week so wonderful!
You can Click the images to view the features.

I had some remnant burlap fabric and some leftover lace from some other project. The fabric was 47 inches in length and 24 inches wide and was just the right size to make two runners out of that. One for my coffee table and the other for my sofa table in my family room:
 I wanted two runners, each 12 inches wide and 47 inches in length. So I folded the fabric and cut it in half:

  Next, I top stitched the two long edges. To do that, I took one of these runners and folded the long edge once and pressed the hem with an iron to create a crease:
  Then, I folded it a second time, pressed the hem again:
 I cut two pieces of lace according to the dimension of the two short edges of the runner plus 2 inch extra for tucking the lace inside the hem to stop the lace from raveling:
 I hope these pictures below show how I tucked in the raw edges of the lace within the hem of the long edges to prevent the lace from raveling:

 After tucking in the raw edges of the lace within the hem of the long edges, I top-stitched the two long edges in place. 
VoilĂ ! The finished result:
  My family room coffee table:

 Closeup on the lace:

 I tried my best to take pictures of each step involved and I hope the pictures demonstrate the steps clearly.
Now it is time for the pretties to go on top of the tablerunner:
The grapevine balls give nice texture to this vignette:
 Close-up on the little blue birdie from Michaels:
 The beach-glass brings nice color to this vignette:
 Shasta Daisy from my garden:
 Love the simple beauty of these white blooms:

Blue Mason jars and Shasta Daisies speak a language of their own:

I got this sweet wooden crane from  a gift store and I just love it!
 I love decorating with blue glass and sea shells:
 Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a sweet comment. It is always a pleasure to have you visit me and I always look forward to it. Partying with these awesome creative friends. Do stop by and visit them for a host of beautiful inspirations:

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating:Flaunt it Friday


~POPPY~

47 comments:

  1. I love your beachy vignettes and I especially love the burlap mixed with lace! Visiting you from Debbiedoo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a fabulous post and tutorial. I love how it all came together, very pretty. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one great runner. I love the lace you chose for the edging. So pretty. Your vignette turned out so pretty. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Thanks for the tutorial. Your vignette display is lovely!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, your various collections & displays are just beautiful! Lots of texture & excitement & I most of all, LOVE your use of blue! So pretty!!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of the burlap and the lovely lace! But I am also loving that tall vase with the sand, shells and candle! My neighbor just gave me several very large, lovely jars/vases and I am going to copy your idea! We've been very dry here too but just went through three days of drenching rain 1.5 inches one day, 6.8 the next and 2 more today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv the combo of burlap and lace...
    I'm inviting you to add this to our linking party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great weekend,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very pretty. Love the crane. The combinations of burlap, touches of blue and lace are a great combo. Congrats on all of your features. You deserve it! Praying for rain for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh! I'm so loving your beachy themed tablescape. But most of all, love love your burlap/lace runner! Thanks for showing us the tutorial.

    Happy SOYCM!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The burlap and lace look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the contrast of the burlap and lace!! Rustic yet feminine, beautiful!!

    Happy to be your newest follower ~ Adrianne
    happyhourprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! Very pretty, I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daisies and seashells are made for each other! Thanks for sharing this beautiful combination of two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Poppy, The runner is so pretty...love the combination of lace and burlap! This is such a wonderful summer vignette. Thank you so much for joining my party. I truly appreciate your support of my blog.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the look of the burlap with lace! It looks terrific on your table with the beachy vignette. You must be lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Poppy,
    I loved your decoupaged planter the first time I saw it. How I missed your summer vignette post I'll never know. I absolutely love it! Love the ferns and your lemonade bottle. I can definately see that I need to doll my cloche displays up a tad more. I certainly need a bird or nest tag printed on burlap. Graphic Fairy, I'm coming your way. Love your runner, I have been thinking of making one for a while now. Your lace is so vintage looking. It adds so much. You sure did deserve to be featured!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful post! Stunning pics and combination! It is always my pleasure to visit your gorgeous spae..thanks for sharing:)
    Friend, I would love to see you on my space...I have something to share with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous. I love the burlap with the lace trim, so pretty and your vignette is stunning. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poppy, I'm so glad you stopped by today - so I wouldn't miss your great vignette! You did a nice job on the burlap and lace runner, but I especially like the way you pulled everything together. I'd never have thought of using daisies with a beach theme, but they add a nice and different texture. The sand around your candle in the clear vase is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this just looks gorgeous! You did such a beautiful job with your decorating. I love beachy themes!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Beach theme looks gorgeous on your table.. You did a lovely job putting it all together with all your decorating... Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my nwe tablescape.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the combination of burlap and lace. Also love the beach theme. Everything looks amazing. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The combination of burlap and lace is unexpected but very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE burlap. I used it as table runners at our wedding for the 1/2 the tables and bright damask runners on the other. The mixture of styles and textures was lovely :)

    Coley

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore the mix of burlap and lace! Rustic with sweet! So pretty, Poppy! And great tutorial, too. I think my next purchase is going to have to be a sewing machine....if I can figure out how to use the darned thing. lol! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my French Flower Pots, sweetie! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for linking to WorkShop Wednesday. It's always a pleasure to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's lovely and so well pulled together. Next, you'll come to my house, right?

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is one of the prettiest burlap runners I've seen. I love your use of the lovely lace. Your vignette is so pretty too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful beachy vignette and I love the runners!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  30. The lace added to the burlap certainly makes a pretty table runner. Your vignette is so pretty!

    Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, the amount will increase the Gift Card to $100.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You did a fantastic job on that runner! I just recently learned to sew in a straight line on a sewing machine, but I don't think I would have the nerve to tackle burlap or lace. Looks hard. I don't know...for some reason Fleetwood Mac's "Leather and Lace" is floating around in my head now! :-) Very pretty beach setting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Poppy,

    I just adored your runner, and definitely going to show my mom so she can make one for me to, so pretty great one.

    In Turkey we say "ellerine sağlık" means "Health to your Hands" really you did a wonderful job with the runner.

    Loved the birdy.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Lots of Love,
    Karin Ĺžen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love what you did with the burlap and lace. Beautiful!!! The lace would make a nice trim for burlap curtains in a beach cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am visiting via Romantic Homes.

    What a wonderful vignette!

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for visiting me. I can't email you because you come up as a noreply blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely beachy tablescape! I am a big fan of seaside decorating too!! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Poppy,
    This is just beautiful. I love all the little touches you put into this vignette too. Congrats on all your features! Thanks for linking this up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks Poppy for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful. I don't see much lace recently so this was a fun and fresh take on the linen table runner. :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the table runner Poppy! You're so creative. I just did a post on burlap, and was wondering if I could duplicate a runner, and then I come over here and you've done it! Amazing.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  40. So beautiful, as always, Poppy! You are my inspiration! I enjoy visiting your blog. I love the burlap runner....and now know what to do with some of the burlap I have accumulated. I love the look of burlap along with the seascape decor.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I was just thinking: "I haven't been over to see Poppy in a while, better go see what she's up to." and I'm SO glad I did! Love everything about this tablescape! I decorate with shells a lot in the summer to - and I love your blue glass. I'm just finishing up a burlap wreath and was wondering what to do with the extra burlap - PERFECT timing! Thanks for the inspiration, Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Found you through the Bunny Hop. Love this table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you so much for the mentions and buttons!!!!
    I love your tablescape. The tall vase with sand is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi! You are so clever girl! I love how you crafted your table runner! The lace is gorgeous and everything is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy