Catch Up On Recent Posts

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring Blooms and a New Chest in the Dining Room


Hello, dear friends!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Spring has finally arrived in our neck of the woods. Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, and the sun is shining! And, I am having fun adding spring touches around my house.
Today, I thought I will share with you a new chest I found at Home Goods a couple weeks ago. I have been on the hunt for a small chest to store my ever-growing collection of dishes. It had to be small enough to fit in this little corner of my dining room, so when I happened upon this one at Home Goods, it was my lucky day! It came home with me and I've been having lots of fun playing with it ever since!

I love the distressed top, and the color of the chest fits quite beautifully with the rest of the decor in the dining room. 


I love creating vignettes! And it has been so much fun playing with my new chest :)
I like bringing beautiful spring blooms from the garden to decorate and enjoy indoors. 
The daffodils in my garden are finally in bloom!

A host of golden daffodils in blue mason jars always look beautiful when housed under a glass cloche!


A fleur-de-lis always makes pretty accents in any room decor.

A spring bird nest adds pretty color and texture to a vignette.


And a turned wood table lamp and shade from Target create wonderful height in the vignette.


A pretty corner of my dining room next to the window seat.

So, are you having fun playing with spring?
Thanks for stopping by! It is always a pleasure to have you visit me. 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Until, next time!
~Hugs, Poppy~

Linking with:

17 comments:

  1. Everything is lovely, but my favorite is the books with lace and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty vignette and I love the fleur-de-lis and daffodils. It seems so long since our daffodils bloomed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable little cabinet. It fits nicely into your corner. The daffodils under the cloche are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new furniture find, Poppy! It is very sweet and, as usual, you have decorated it just perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, this vignette is so pretty and I love your pictures. I have flowers in a blue jar right now too. What could be prettier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new chest, it is perfect and the vignette is stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely vignette.

    The fluer de lis is adorable.

    Njoy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Poppy, such a pretty vignette. i love Fleur de Lis. Your daffodils are lovely and so cheerful. Your new furniture looks great the way you decorated everything. Happy Tuesday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poppy, love daffodils, my favorite spring flower of all time. Put that with a cloche and you have perfection to me. Great chest.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully styled items on your new cabinet. I love how you mixed colors and textures for pleasing appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one great looking cabinet. I love the daffodils in your cloche. The covered books are so pretty with the added lace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely decorations! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful week and weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great cabinet. Love the vignette with some of my favorite things...fleur de lis, cloche an nest! So pretty. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poppy, love the new chest and your vignette is so sweet! Blue and yellow are classic go together colors. Love the book bundle too. Welcome Spring! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your new chest! The blooms are perfect! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous daffodils Poppy and your new furniture piece is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy