Catch Up On Recent Posts

Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring Greens In The Foyer


Hello dear friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was pretty busy. On Sunday, we got back from Providence, Rhode Island after picking up my daughter from Brown University. So excited to have her home for the summer break!
Last week, we had wonderful spring weather. But the weekend was on the chilly side with a frost advisory overnight! It's still too early for us to plant annuals outside.
I am looking forward to more spring-like temperatures for the upcoming week. 
It feels good to add some spring accents in my foyer after a long and deary winter: 

This mossy green birdhouse sits on a column pedestal.

Click HERE for the tutorial to make these versatile column pedestals used as risers in vignettes.

The decoupaged  French Script tag decorated with some moss and silk forsythia hangs from the birdhouse. 

Spring seems like the perfect season to play with bunnies and the color green in my home.

Loving the lacy detailing on this white ceramic bunny.



The tall candle holder adds wonderful height to the vignette.

I added the green moss ball from Walmart on top of the candle holder instead of a candle.


A simple moss wreath hanging from the mirror is a lovely way to add some texture and spring accents.


Love the contrast in texture between the jute webbing and the moss wreath.

Blue mason jars inside a tool box is a beautiful way to display posies of spring violas.



Violas, a cool weather annual  planted in peat pots, are a lovely way to enjoy these pretties inside the home during the spring season.

Violas inside these mason jars. Loving the way they contrast in color with the blue mason jars. 


A bundle of forsythias behind the wooden tool box adds height, color, and texture and also  balances well with the other side of the vignette.


A view of the foyer table from outside.

A corner of my foyer decorated for spring:



I love adding spring to my decor! A season of rebirth in nature, warmer temperatures, and increasing daylight :)


So long for today! I am so glad you stopped by. I hoped you liked peeking into my spring greens. It is always so much fun having you over!
My thanks to Maria Elena @ Our Home Away From Home for featuring my Dining Room Chest at her weekly link party! Stop by and visit her beautiful Texan home for inspiring home decor ideas or simply to share your own creative ideas at her weekly party :)

Have a beautiful week, everyone!
~Hugs, Poppy~

Linking to:


21 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your foyer is gorgeous, I love the pretty flowers and it is so bright and cheery. Great first impression. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decor! Could you tell me where you found your foyer table? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love it. All of it. That moss birdhouse and the petunias are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love, your spring entry way.. all the moss gives such color and life. Just beautiful. found at inspire me tuesdays. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour,

    Un beau rendez-vous printanier que ce dernier joli petit billet accompagné de très belles photos.
    Je vous envoie plein de soleil et de douceur.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, love your wreath too and the pretty flowers brighten your day! Just a perfect setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your entry is so bright and so pretty with all the spring touches. Love that mirror and the wreath. I pinned those pillars when you made them.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Poppy, you put together the prettiest vignettes. Thanks for the inspiration on the riser and the different heights. I also checked out your new chest from HomeGoods. I'm going to be on the lookout for one of those. It's adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful decorations!Everything is so springy!
    Happy Spring!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful vignette you've created. I love all the mossy green. Great idea to use the moss ball in lieu of a candle. Happy to be a new follower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poppy, I love your Spring décor in your foyer! the Violas are such a pretty contrast in the aqua blue bottles. I love anything moss and it gives such a warm welcome. Oh, and I love your checkered floor! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Have a nice day! Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya! I'm visiting from the Thursday Hop! Lovely place you have here! LOVE the photos - they are gorgeous! Every single decoration and accent you posted on your blog is amazing! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colorful, spring display.

    I am thinking I might copy the idea of the little caddy full of mason jars and flowers.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Poppy! Oh, this is so beautiful! So bright and pretty! I just love it.
    Hope you're doing well.be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of those moss covered pieces look so cute in your foyer. They add an instant summer feel to the space.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty colors!
    I love the idea of peat pots put in mason jars. I'll definitely try that.
    Visiting from Amaze Me Monday.

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything - the mossy birdhouse, wreath, bunny and Forsythia - gorgeous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your foyer is so pretty! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/06/make-it-pretty-monday-week-102.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poppy, dear!

    Love pansies (Viola).

    They were beautiful decoration in your spring! And this bunny ... oh ... that cuteness!

    I have a similar kitten with this bunny, I think is from the same collection!

    Poppy, your photos are a delight for inspiration!

    And, take the side of the dear child!

    I was on vacation in the midst of nature, and came running back to visit your blog dear!

    kisses,

    Ligia e = ^. ^ =

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy