Catch Up On Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April showers bring May flowers!!!

Hello friends! It has been raining constantly since yesterday and it's still cold outside. I have been waiting for spring for weeks now!!!!Hopefully it will come soon.... I'm ready for some warm sunshine and the spring flowers to bloom.
     April is full of promises of birth and rejuvenating spirits. It is time for spring break, Easter egg hunts, High School prom, and for me to head back outside and start planning and planting my summer garden.... But alas, I have to wait for the last day of frost until it is safe for me to plant those tender seedlings. I have already planted my vegetable and flower seeds indoors and have been patiently waiting for them to germinate. 
    At this time of year, I like to decorate my house with shades of yellow to liven up every corner and bring in the promise of the spring season. Yellow signifies optimism, joy, and happiness. A bright sunny day inspires people to become energetic with feelings of  elation and vigor. Similarly, the color yellow stimulates creative thoughts and brings in clarity and awareness.
     Decorating glass apothecary jars with objects to match your mood and the colors of the season is a lovely way to accessorize any room of your house. Fill them up with seashells that you collected on the beach during your last vacation, or have a few of these jars of varying sizes  filled with variety of colorful soaps and loofahs to decorate a powder room counter. They can also be filled with artificial colorful fruits like lemons, limes, oranges, grapes, or apples to highlight an otherwise dark kitchen corner..... the possibilities are endless!!!!
  These lemons bring a dash of color and beauty to my kitchen and tantalize me with a promise of warm summer days that are soon to come!!!!
           

2 comments:

  1. I love the container you put your lemons in.. its gorgeous!! The lantern is awesome as well.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comment.... yeah I love these jars and their shapes, they remind me of elegant ladies dressed up in beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy