Catch Up On Recent Posts

Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas Banner as Accents



Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, when I enjoy decorating every corner of my home.


I love adding details in home decor that make decorating for Christmas so much fun!

Simple Christmas banners add a festive look to a room, and I love using them at this time of the year.


I found the chalkboard banner at our local craft store, and I simply added bundles of faux red berries and fresh pine sprigs tied in red gingham ribbon.



I hung the banner in front of the chest to spruce up this corner of our dining room


Couple of years back, I used evergreen sprigs and dried orange slices for a Christmas garland for my kitchen windows.

 Click HERE to see more of my Christmas kitchen.

Sitting on top of the chest is a decorated wooden terrarium.





Remember the mason jar luminaries from last year? Well, I love them so much that I am using them again this year. The terrarium houses three of the mason jar luminaries and lights up this corner of the room beautifully.

 

Love the ambiance and warmth created by these glass luminaries:


Click HERE  for the Mason Jar Luminaries tutorial.

I love how the white terrarium looks dressed for Christmas:



Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoyed your stay here.
I am hoping to post more of my Christmas decorations in the next few weeks.
Before I sign off today, I would like to express my thanks to Katherine from Katherines Corner for featuring my Thanksgiving Buffet Table at her Make it Monday party. Stop by and say hello to Katherine if you get a chance for tons of inspiration and project ideas, or simply join her weekly parties to share your creativity.
Happy weekend!


~Hugs, Poppy~


Partying at:



Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Poppy, this is all so pretty! really love the blue jars all dolled up and the JOY banner is wonderful. I might just have to blatantly copy that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOY is my word and I see you have added it all around your home, love it! Love banners and using words for decorating! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy, I am a banner junkie and this one is super sweet. I love it. I remember the oranges from last year. That is truly one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking of festive in your home - wishing you "joy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That JOY banner is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poppy- Ijust adore all your charming whimsey! Your use of color is fun and your pictures are awesome.

    Hugs!



    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love this Poppy! I have a similar terrarium I have been staring at wondering what to do with it for the holidays, you have inspired me to get going! Love the joy banner with "the dash of color!"
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little corner certainly says Christmas...beautiful! Love the chalkboard banner. Don't you just love the dried oranges?
    Have a great week, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your banner and the mason jars.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about your setup! The chalkboard paint, the red and white colors, the touches of greenery. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very creative and I love everything here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Poppy! Love the luminaries! The red, white and green looks very festive. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty indeed. I really like that little white greenhouse with the lamps inside. It makes for a festive combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little greenhouse with the blue mason jar candles. warm and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poppy this is all so cute! I also love the orange slices in your kitchen! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poppy, I simply adore this! The colors are so pretty against the white. I had plans on making some of your wonderful luminaries with my blue jars and totally spaced it. lol! Maybe next year. I have a couple of chalkboard banners that I have picked up and love using them. Love what you did and I also love and remember that fabulous orange garland! Thanks for sharing with Creating Christmas!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy