Catch Up On Recent Posts

Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Holiday Tablescape in Scandinavian Colors!


Wishing everyone a very Happy and blessed 2015!
Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season.
Today, I'm sharing with you our Holiday tablescape for 2014.
I wanted to keep the color theme for this tablescape predominantly red and white, reminiscing of Scandinavian holiday colors:



For each place setting, I have a silver charger topped with my Red and White Saint Germaine dinner plate from Sur La Table.



and a Crate and Barrel square salad plate sits atop the dinner plate.


The silverware is called "Versailles" from Sur La Table:


Love the rose detailing of the silverware.


Chalk board tags with the initial of each guest and simple enameled number tag wrapped in baker's twine and evergreen sprigs serve as the napkin holder.
.

French linen napkins complete each place setting beautifully.



A pretty red goblet 


paired with Cristal d' Arques stemware.



As centerpiece for the table, I have used two branches of poinsettia garland mixed in with different mercury glass accents and glitter cone trees.



Love the contrast between the vibrant red color of the poinsettia and the shine of the mercury glass owl from Walmart.


Silver and red Christmas ornaments scattered around the center of the table add texture and shine.


Glittery white reindeer from Jo-Ann craft store makes a pretty table accent.



The silver cone trees also from Jo-Ann and the tall mercury glass candle holders add wonderful height to my centerpiece.



Creamy white pillar candles wrapped in red and silver holiday ribbon tops the mercury glass candle holders with a berry wreath tree ornament adorning the base of each candle.





Smaller mercury glass candle holders scattered throughout the tablescape add sparkle, shine,


and beautiful ambiance.


Glittery ornaments tied in red chiffon ribbon hangs from the dining room crystal chandelier



The hanging ornaments add to the festive mood of the tablesetting.



Thanks for stopping by and gracing me with your lovely visit!
I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my Holiday tablescape.



And my sincere thanks to the pretty hostesses for featuring my Christmas Potpurri and Christmas Luminaries  at their linky parties. I am honored to be a part of their lovely parties. Stop by and visit their beautiful blogs for inspiring home decor ideas, tablescapes, DIY projects, mouth watering recipes, or simply join their weekly parties and share your own creativity!

Sherry @ The Charm of Home
Tammy and Cathy @ Share It One More Time
Christine @ Rustic and Refined
Maria Elena @ Our Home Away From Home
Kathy @ A Delightsome Life
Deborah @  Green Willow Pond

Thank you, ladies!
~Hugs, Poppy~


30 comments:

  1. Poppy your table looks gorgeous!! Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year brings you an abundance of Gods Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table! I really like the mercury glass you incorporated with the red and white. I'm keeping my mercury glass out year round lately. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tablescape is breathtaking. I love the individual place settingd...how perfect. Over the past coupleof years I have fallen in love with Scandanavian decor. However, I live in a 1950 raised ranch house, which doesn't seem to lend itself to the Scandanavian look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty setting. I love the red mixed with mercury glass - something for me to think about for next year - and the bulbs hanging above the table make it so festive!! I especially like the owl :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, your table is just stunning! I adore the red and white color combination with the pops of silver and sparkle. It's so festive! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors so very pretty The sparkles make it all come together special
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I like the addition of the ornaments hanging from the chandelier! Its great to be checking out Christmas tablescapes AFTER the holidays now that there is more time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love the way you've done the silver with the cedar and twine. Glad I found you.
    Kathy from A Graceful Table

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Poppy, I love your red and white table with the sparkly accents of silver and mercury glass. Your chalkboard tags are so cute as place cards and I'm swooning over the silverware. I love how you decorated the chandelier to add to the festive glow. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Poppy! Your red and white Christmas table is gorgeous. The sparkly accents set a beautiful holiday tone to the table. I love the ornaments hanging from the chandelier, they add just the right amount of holiday sparkle to the chandy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! So pretty and bright...love the crisp white with red.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poippy, I love the Scandinavian feel of this table! There's nothing quite like red and white, and I love the touches of silver and mercury glass! Your chandelier is gorgeous! I love what you did with the napkins and silverware. I have plates very similar to the ones you used. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. The place-setting itself is amazing in it's simplicity -- yet so beautiful. The complete table-setting? Gorgeous! Visiting you from "Share Your Cup Thursday."

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for the beautiful pictures !!!!!!! love greetings from angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table setting was beautiful! I love how you used twine and number tags to wrap your plates and napkins. I also liked the chalkboard tags with the monograms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty table setting - I love it all. The little tags are darling and I love the napkins with the cross stitch tied with twine. - Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a festive table! I like how the red on the table looks against the terracotta-colored walls! I love a table with lots of details like this one. I know your guests must have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I love the colors with the silver! Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table is beautiful Poppy! I love red, especially at Christmas, and I adore mercury glass. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Happy New Year!

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poppy,
    I love, love every beautiful and stunning detail of your festive table, The silver and mercury glass are some of my very favorite accent pieces and just look at the beautiful color on your walls.
    Happy New Year!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Poppy, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you this week at SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is definitely one of my all time favorite tablescapes and the chandy is so gorgeous too. Such a pretty and inviting table. Thanks for your visits and you always leave such gracious comments. It totally makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poppy, this is a striking tablescape! I love your use of the red and silver. Love the deer and your chandy looks fabulous with the baubles hanging down! Who wouldn't enjoy dining at this table! So happy you have shared this with us and joining my little party again this week. Have a marvellous week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  24. I spent an entire summer in Denmark in Sweden when I was in my teens. And all my relatives wanted to entertain the American girls...and every table was spilling over in red and white...fresh flowers, tea lights and fancy folded napkins. Sterling silverware, tiny plates and fresh bakery...and strawberries....so wonderful. Your settings took me back to Frederickshavn, Denmark. Tak, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty and festive table! This year I'm doing our Christmas brunch table in red and white too, so I enjoyed seeing yours! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  26. Poppy, just stopping by to let you know I have featured this post at No Place Like Home today.

    Smiles,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful table! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just so lovely! I love how you arranged your Silverware and napkins! Thank you for joining the 12 days of Christmas Blogger Tour Link Party! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy