Catch Up On Recent Posts

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hubs call it Clutter, I Call it Treasure

The joy of collecting brings pleasure to all of us, doesn't it? Collecting can bring so much satisfaction and to me it feels like I'm on a perpetual treasure hunt for all things beautiful. Its an excuse for me to attend flea markets, antique stores, garage sales, thrift stores, bazaars of exotic places and of course my favorite department stores ( Home Goods, being my hotspot).  From stemware and china to crystals and candles and linens, I love collecting things that are colorful, that tell us a story and things that make a house a home and a tablescape so inviting and warm. I like collecting things that I can enjoy, use, and incorporate them into my life on a regular basis.
Sometimes collecting can go out of hand and keeping them organized can get overwhelming. I'm always trying to figure new innovative ways to organize and display them so that I can share with others and admire them everyday.

Collecting to me is a personal affair! It's about things I love and enjoy!

Hubs call it a dust collector, I call it 
My Treasure Chest:







 I love collecting crystals and stemware. To me they are like jewels that sparkle and shine and enhance the beauty of tablescapes and vignettes:







This Schonbek hand-cut crystal chandelier is an anniversary gift from the hubs. Now this one is a major dust collector, however, we enjoy it so much especially during a dinner party it looks amazingly beautiful when it sparkles and shimmers at night! I love the heirloom quality of this chandelier:

 The history of Schonbek crystal chandeliers go back to the late 19th century in Bohemia. The luster and beauty of these hand-cut crystals are truly remarkable. Today, Schonbek is a member of the Swarovski Company and their factory is based in Plattsburgh, New York. 




 All the flatware goes in the top drawers of the hutch:



 I love collecting napkin holders, and I am always on the lookout for pretty things that can serve the purpose. Hubs call it knick-knacks, I call them tablescape jewelry:


 Different bowls go in the bottom drawers:

 Dinner plates and Buffet Plates go in the bottom cabinet:

 Chargers and platters go in the other bottom cabinet:

 I love collecting candles and they usually get stored inside my bench:

  Click HERE to see the tutorial on the blue toile pillow and the striped pillow on the bench




 This is my linen closet underneath the stairs and besides towels, my tablecloths, table mats, runners, and extra napkins get stored here as well:





Thanks for sharing my joy of collecting and for your sweet comments. They always brighten up my day. Have a lovely week!

Linking in to these parties. Be sure to stop by and be inspired:











 







~POPPY~

30 comments:

  1. I had lots of fun looking at your treasures! You're very ok in the organizing dept.! I'm a little overwhelmed by my treasures, I'll take pics next time! I love this! Thanks for sharing with us. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, your collection has the prettiest home. The chandelier is totally amazing. You are very organized... I'm with you, your treasures are delightful and so very pretty. blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crystal! I love anything shiny! Your chandelier is beautiful! I loved looking at all your treasures and where you store them. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely organized. I could take some lessons. ;-)
    My hall bench has a seat that lifts up too. It stores all my candle holders. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy, I love crystal, too, so your Treasure Chest is especially beautiful to me -- no matter what Hubs says! And your chandelier? Be still my heart! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu have one serious treasure trove of crystal and the perfect chandy to match! Love that bench storage.

    Thanks so much for coming to the party and sharing!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I think it all looks fabulou! Everything is just so pretty. And I LOVE where you store your candles. How perfect is that! thanks for the wonderful tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crystal collection is stunning. I like the way you organized everything....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first thing that caught my eye was the spectacular red crystal vase in your crystal cabinet. What a treasure! You seem to have created a really usable storage system for your wonderful collections. The candle storage in the bench is a brilliant idea. I'll bet that there are benches all over blog land getting loaded up with candles this very day! I'd certainly do it...if I had such a bench. LOL. Thanks for stopping by my post. I hope that you will have a parcel of time to scroll back through my posts on tablescaping to see many of those patterns actually put to use. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tablescape jewelry. I like that!

    Your storage areas are very nicely organized. It was great to see your collections.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful dining room. I love the chandelier! You have a talent for being organized.

    Dee
    Your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Calling from Homemaker On A Dime...Beautiful blog you got here! Loved each and every pics!!
    I'm your newest follower...hope you will follow me back:)

    Have a great week ahead:)
    Sanghamitra.
    RAINBOW-The Colours of India

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pics! I am so addicted to dishes of all kinds and just love seeing someone else's treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what lovely treasures! I have only just begun my treasure collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in awe over that chandelier!!! What a treasure!! Thanks so much for your nice comments on my posts....you are a doll!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your collection is lovely, and everything is so neatly organized. Thanks for sharing, and your chandelier is just gorgeous!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  17. When it's not displayed beautifully, maybe then it can be considered clutter. Your glass collection is, indeed, like sparkling jewels. Plus, I gotta love that storage bench!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of your "treasures" and the bench is adorable. Thanks so much for visiting us today - have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your chandelier is large and in charge of that room. I love it! You are so organized. Can you believe I just bought my first napkin rings? I am not a tablescaper. I will leave it to you. I did not see a speck of clutter in sight. ♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  20. That hutch is stunning and so is your gorgeous chandelier. :) So pretty! I am pretty challenged storage wise..... a little here, a little there. :)

    Have a great week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tu blog es encantador hay cosas muy lindas.
    Si lo deseas te invito a visitar mi blog.
    Besosss. Manoli.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, you do have some gorgeous pieces. Love all the crystal and the chandelier is stunning. Everything is so organized and beautifully displayed. Beeautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poppy, my husband feels the same way about my treasures, so I try to keep things very organized like I see that you do also!

    You have a wonderful collection of treasures! I think I'd like to go treasure hunting at your house!! Love the beautiful crystal chandy, and I spied some adorable seashell napkin rings I love too!!

    Have a great week!
    Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I must say, I adore all of your little "dust collectors". Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is all so very pretty, makes me want to get going on organizing my china hutch

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post! I call it treasure too! I believe we have the same Dining Room china cabinet. I love all the crystal in yours and that chandy is to die for! I'm here from Kim's party and I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit sometime!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  27. Its so funny I did a post almost similar to yours but mine was mostly on cleaning, enjoyed every bit of your post and your lovely stuff, I always have pleasure in looing into cabinet treasures.

    Thank you for sharing and doing a wonderful post.

    I hope you can have the chance to see mine.

    Lots of Love

    Karin Åžen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Poppy,

    I couldnt manage to find your e-mail so I'm replying from here.

    Thank you so much for your wonderful words, you put me in heaven and I forgot all my tiredness, your sweet words made my grandmas sleep light and happy in heaven too, your so right I missed The Tablescaper recently had a blogi-nniversary..." Where do you keep it all I would have so much fun doing it.

    My little angel graduated from her bale glass today it was her first year as she is five years old and she will be having a bale performance next week, I am double the happy.

    Again thank you for your visit and your sweet sweet comment.

    Enjoy your weekend to.

    Lots of Love,

    Karin Åžen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    Ps if you send me your e-mail, I will send you pictures of Talya from her bale performance next week if you wish

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your collections are quite eye catching. What an amazing chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Poppy, that is the most beautiful chandelier I have ever seen! I am so thankful that hubby loves to collect as much as I do....we spent most all afternoon today yard saling & thrifting. We found some neat treasures. I have been on the hunt for all sorts of napkin rings. I found some beauties today. Another thing I love, as you do, are candles and candle holders. Found some today, also. Oh, and I also found a clear glass lighthouse to add to my beachy findings for the master bath. It's actually a glass that Red Lobster uses for their drinks. I can't wait till it all comes together! It is so much FUN hunting down beautiful treasures! I just love visiting you and viewing all your beautiful collections. Everything is gorgeous! And, you are so very well organized! Your blog is the highlight of my evenings! Enjoy your Sunday, Poppy! Hugs, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy