Catch Up On Recent Posts

Monday, June 13, 2016

Apple Blossom Hanging Bird Lanterns


Apple Blossom Hanging Bird Lanterns 



Apple Blossom ~ Horatio Alger Jr.

 I sit in the shadow of apple-boughs,


 In the fragrant orchard close,


And around me floats the scented air,


 With its wave-like tidal flows.


I close my eyes in a dreamy bliss,



For is not this the rare, sweet time,
The blossoming time of the year?


 I lie on a couch of downy grass,

With delicate blossoms strewn,





And I feel the throb of Nature's heart


 Responsive to my own.



Oh, the world is fair, and God is good,

That maketh life so dear;


For is not this the rare, sweet time,
  The blossoming time of the year?    



                        
     

That drift so lazily by.
And strange, sweet thoughts sing through my brain,


 And Heaven, it seemeth near;


Oh, is it not a rare, sweet time,
 The blossoming time of the year?


The apple trees on our property have been there for almost fifty years. They look majestic at this time of the year when they are in full bloom and really transform our backyard into some other time and place. 


I found these beautiful frosted glass bird lanterns at Walmart couple years back. They look so pretty hanging from these apple trees in spring and summer.


The fragrant branches can be enjoyed indoors as well in vases.



I love the ambiance created by these lanterns on a cool summer evening. 


Thank you for stopping by, dear friends! I enjoyed the pleasure of your company!

Also I would like to say thank you to these lovely ladies, Kathryn @ The Dedicated House and  Katherine @ Kathrines Corner for featuring my Spring Vignette at their weekly parties. Stop by if you get a chance and visit these beautiful blogs for loads of fun and creative home decor ideas and inspiring DIY projects or maybe share your own creative side at their weekly parties. 

Have a lovely week, everyone!

~Hugs, Poppy~



Parties that I love attending:

24 comments:

  1. Poppy, this is just a beautiful post. Your apple trees are amazing and the way you styled the pictures is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet lady. It's been a long time for me being on your blog Just beautiful!! I can smell your Apple Blossoms right now sweet. You did a great job putting your hanging bird lanterns together.. I hope you are doing well and take care... Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,

    Magnifiques photos... Vos petites lanternes sont sublimes. J'aime beaucoup et je suis certaine que les futures pommes vont en rougir de plaisir !

    Gros bisous 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your property is amazing, Poppy! Wow, what a wonderful place to call home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lantern is so pretty, I could see myself sitting under that tree with a book for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet friend, what a glorious post! I just love your darling little lanterns and they look so pretty hanging from the tree.

    I hope you are well and enjoying this beautiful month of June. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a peaceful haven you've created, those apple blossoms, the frosted hanging mason jars absolutely magical.
    Hugs
    Auro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are gorgeous and those lanterns are too cute. I need to figure out where I could hang one or two.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poppy, what a beautiful setting! Takes me back to over 20 years ago when we did a family photo amongst the apple blossoms. We have such similar taste sweet friend. I have one of those bird lanterns I bought a few years ago as well. Why did I just buy one? lol! Love them hanging in the tree! I also have that same bird twine holder and large moss balls. Gorgeous vignette my friend! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in to visit your beautiful blog, via The Charm of Home, and I am so happy I did. What a beautiful and lyrical post; it transported me to another time, another world. Your apple blossom trees are divine and your photos sublime. Love, love, love the sweet bird lanterns. How I would love to sit in your vignette, under those glorious apple trees, with a little light from those pretty lanterns and just dream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love your gorgeous yard and the lanterns look just beautiful!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is magazine worthy.
    When your blog opened, I sighed.
    The lanterns are lovely and the setting is perfect.

    Laura
    White Spray Painr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Poppy! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post with Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a faithful friend to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks poppy for sharing these are just lovely have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so pretty Poppy! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty and an absolute visual vacation just strolling through your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The apple blossoms are stunning! What a wonderful scene to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These lanterns are fabulous. Color me inspired. I think they would be fun in our home with a coastal leaning design. I have pinned some of your beautiful images for inspiration. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this idea poppy! I have a tree in my backyard that this would be perfect on. Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poppy, this is such a lovely post! I adore apple trees when they're in blossom and the lanterns are darling! I love the frosted glass with the bird and branch etched on it. So lovely! Thanks for sharing with us and Happy Summer!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those bird lanterns in the trees are really beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. :)
    Enjoy the week and have a happy 4th of July.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! I SO love these!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for Crafts, Recipes, and Tips and Tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are happy to inform you that this post was featured at our Monday's Cooking & Crafting with J & J Link Up!! Thanks for sharing and have a happy 4th of July!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy