Catch Up On Recent Posts

Friday, November 13, 2015

Polka Dot Thanksgiving Centerpiece


Hello, dear friends!
Hope the week is going well for you.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I am enjoying sprucing up my home for the upcoming holiday.
So, I thought I will share with you my Thanksgiving centerpiece that I am planning to use on my buffet table.

Supplies needed:
Pumpkins of various sizes
Acrylic Metallic Gold paint
Sponge Brush
Round Stickers 


For the polka dot pumpkin, I borrowed some round stickers from my kids and placed them randomly on the surface of the pumpkin. Then, I applied two coats of gold metallic paint all over the pumpkin.. I let the paint dry overnight and peeled off the stickers from the pumpkin, and
 voila!


Love the way the polka dotted pumpkin turned out!

I removed the top of the bigger of the three pumpkins, painted it with the same metallic gold paint. Then, I used the painted pumpkin as a vase filled with silk florals. 
I like how the gold contrasts so beautifully with the autumn flowers!




The warm glow of candlelight creates a magical ambience 
and a perfect setting for an elegant dinner.


I am looking forward to using these painted pumpkins as a centerpiece on my buffet table.


Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Poppy

Partying at:
Share Your Style
Craftberry Bush:The Inspiration Gallery



14 comments:

  1. That is so cute. Loved the votive holders too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea, Poppy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving objects in metallic gold lately. That is such a cute idea to paint real pumpkins with paint and I love the polka dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glow of the golden centerpiece. Cute idea to paint the pumpkins with the dots. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and pretty ideas! I like the polka dot pumpkin idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and easy to do. My kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and beautiful! I love metallic gold for fall decor. Your display is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! I love anything polka-dot! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poppy, I often spray my leftover pumpkins gold to use for Christmas, but love it for Thanksgiving! Anything polka dot makes me smile and your dotty pumpkin did just that. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I love the gold and orange!
    Thanks for linking at Share a Cup. It was very nice meeting you. I forgot to look for your button but I'll try to follow!.
    Today I featured Jan's party at my blog. Come over and comment on her feature post to enter Jan in a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy