Catch Up On Recent Posts

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ornate Metal Tags for Storage Baskets


Hello, everyone! 
Today, I am sharing a quick and easy DIY project with you. I have been in a home-organizing mood lately. While organizing the shelves in our master bath, I created these pretty ornate metal tags for the storage baskets.
For this simple project all you need are the following:

Ornate metal plates
Leather cord that matches the basket of your choice
Fabric glue
Black permanent marker
Storage baskets
Scissor


The ornate metal plates are from Jo-Ann craft store (scrap booking section)

Place the metal plates on a piece of burlap scrap after applying fabric glue to the back of the rectangular frame, and then cut around the frame after the glue has dried.


This is how the metal plates should look after cutting:


Measure and cut the required length of leather cord depending on the width your basket. Cut two cords of equal length.


Loop one end of the cord through the hole on either end of the metal plates and tie in a double knot. Leave the other end of the cord free.

The cords should be cut long enough so that the ends of the cord can be tied at the back of the basket.

Note: If necessary, trim around the edges of the burlap at the back.


Use a permanent maker to label the tags.


Now, position the ornate metal tag on the front center of your basket and tie the end of the cords tightly at the back:


A closer look after the two cords are tied at the back of the basket.


The finished product:


I tried to match the color of the leather cord with the color of the basket so that it blends with basket.

 I love how these storage baskets turned out with the ornate metal tags on them. 

A stack of these of these baskets not only provide excellent organization solutions in your bathroom but also serve as decorative accents on open shelving. 


Thanks for stopping by!
And a big thank you to Christine @ Rustic and Refined  for highlighting the Wrightsman Galleries at her weekly linky party! Stop by her beautiful blog if you get a chance for chock-full of tablescape and home decor ideas and tips!

~Hugs, Poppy~




Craftberry Bush:The Inspiration Gallery

14 comments:

  1. So clever Poppy and that green just has me thinking of spring! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and it can be done on vases or any other item I wanted. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to add burlap to the back of these pretty tags. Thanks so much for sharing your idea at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!
    I would also love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About blog hop link party!
    We run Monday 6am - Thursday
    Have a great weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to add pretty detail to already pretty baskets!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a cute idea Poppy! I love using baskets for storage and this dresses them up so nicely. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute and a fun way to organize. Thanks for the tutorial and I like how you included the section in the store where you got the metal tags at Jo-Ann's. I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday looking for something and I came across things I never knew they had and things you would think would be in other sections of the store. I could spend 2 days going down every isle to discover what is available! I pinned this project on my "Organize My Stuff" board. Thanks for sharing Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never even knew those cute little metal tags existed! So cute. I like how you used them to label your baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute with the burlap added! I have some of these labels I bought but haven't used yet. You've inspired me to get them out and use them. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and so perfect. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute look Poppy! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute...love them thans for sharing this great idea at Share it One More Time ...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great project! I am a big basket person and could see some great possibilities with this idea :) Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. antastic unique storage ideas to help get the creative

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your loving thoughts. They make me smile!Hugs~Poppy